Saturday, December 26, 2015

To Nativity and Beyond

This has to be one of the most unforgettable Christmases I have ever had. From Slinky's bum to walking the High Street of Woodford with a minion it has been full of firsts.
Every year All Saints puts on a show for the community telling the nativity story in creative ways. This years version was called Boy Story. It was inspired by Disneys Toy Story. It was such a fun experience to be apart of. I was offered the roll of Slinky's bum and since it came with no speaking parts (which we are all thankful for, lol) I said yes. Then because I was American they offered me the roll of voicing Angel Kitty. I agreed with a bit of nervousness due to me now having to remember lines. Memorizing was never a strong suit for me. But this was a challenge I was prepared to take, it was a very short roll, thank God. 

We took the minion out to do some advertising. From the smiles and honks from passer-byers I think it was a success. 

Step aside Bekham and Victoria, you are no longer big news at the Castle anymore. A minion has taken your place of celebrity visits.

And we were given free drinks from the owner. Apparently the owner loves minions. Did that happen for them? I should say not! Lol

This is me in my roll as the bum.

I hid backstage and voiced Angel Kitty and Ken was the puppeteer.
 
This was the stage, a group of men from the church set it up. And they did amazing! 

Me loving all the props made by Ken and team! 

Decorating the cafe. The crowds waited here before they could get into the show. We did one performance on the 23rd at 7pm and then 4 on the 24th.

Woody and Buzz discussing how to spell. Lol

Goofing around in our costumes. The first time in them.

Around 1600 people came between all 5 shows and heard the good news. I am so honored to have taken part in a Boy Story. I love being apart of All Saints where they have such a huge heart for the community around them. Where they took so much of their personal time and invested it into this show. Thank you everyone for all your hard work and letting me be apart of it. 

P.S. 
How many people can say their vicar is a storm trooper!? Lol





1 comment:

  1. Hey your new nic name should be angel kitty lol. This was awesome Mel and I'm sure you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete