Saturday, December 19, 2015

Racing the sun

I was loosing time as I walked down Whitehall Road. I was already speed walking as fast as I could go. I could see the sun rising on the horizon. The building were beginning to show more clear as dawn approached. When I had decided to watch the sunrise while sitting at parliament (Big Ben) I thought I had budgeted my time well the night before
I had my coffee and breakfast in hand and walking like a crazy woman trying to get to my spot. When I researched the time for sunrise it said at 8:02am. I looked at the time on my phone and it read 7:30am. I'll make it! I was only 2 minutes away at this point! Ben was in view and soon my spot! I crossed the road easily, barely any traffic. And as I approached my spot I realized something awful! A group of people were sitting in my spot on the stairs! Out of all the places they could sit, my spot was the place they chose! What are the odds!? I mean come on, really!? 
Feeling a bit like Sheldon Cooper and understanding the significance of a perfect spot, time ticking away made me choose a different spot. 
I found a place next to the statue of Gandhi and settled in. With a deep sigh I sat and watched the sun rise. Plugging in my earphone and finding my favorite worship song on YouTube, I sat listening to Oceans. I watched God do his thang and like always he did it well!

When I first arrived to Parliment.

And the sun rose.

I walked over to Westmister Bridge to get another view.

Me...not in my spot... Next to Gandhi  

3 comments:

  1. How could I not love being with you vicariously? Just my cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this Mel. You always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this Mel. You always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete