Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dorset or bust

Vakantie, vakansie, vacation or in other words.... Holiday. No matter what language you say it in we all understand what it is. I sighed as the train took off. Dorset bound. I have dreamt of this place since I learned about it in one of my BBC movies I watched long ago. 
We left from Waterloo Station and I watched London become smaller and smaller in the distance behind us. I had seen a glance of Big Ben and smiled bigger. Yes, still my favorite in all of London. 
Soon we entered into the country. Green. All around. The holiday has started! The journey took 3 hours. 2 trains and one bus. I have decided travel by train is a wonderful idea and I'll have to do it more often. 
On our way to Waterloo Station. Turns out the Waterloo line is closed on Sunday's and holidays. We found that out when we reached the closed gate. No worry, with a small detour we found our way to the station in no time. 

Mind the gap people!

Shannon feeling very optimistic about our journey.

Elina bright and chipper as ever!

Leaving Waterloo station and London behind.

Welcome to the British countryside.

Our home in Dorset. And it is lovely!

Watching the sunset after we arrived.

I am so thankful for all who helped us get here. We are all so grateful for everything! It is a true blessing to be able to relax and get ready for the new year!  


3 comments:

  1. Love. Thank you for posting tons of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks like a BBC production. Love the photo trip Mel. Tea time inside photos would be lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. wonderful opportunities for you, cutie!

    ReplyDelete