Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Stepping into Austen


Persuasion is one of my all time favorite Jane Austen stories. Though I will admit I have watched the movie countless times but still working on my first time reading it (By working I mean still on page 3).
I love England, if you couldn't tell by now. My first taste of England came from the 1940's version of Pride and Prejudice with Greer Garson and Lawrence Olivia. It was so elegant, so not like anything I have ever heard or seen. At 8 years old I fell, and soon discovered more of Jane Austins novels... that were movies (sorry you can call me uncultured.).
In Persuasion they go to Lyme and walk on a harbor called The Cobb. Ever since I saw this scene in the movie I have dreamt of seeing it myself.

Before we left on our holiday to Dorset I discovered from a friend that The Cobb was an hour away from our home! I may have freaked out a wee bit.
Turns out we made the trek and I crossed off a dream! Thank you Elise for driving us there!

The four of us exploring. 

On our way!!!! 

Finally made it to Lyme and looking out towards the Cobb 

A view of it from a far. I liked how my camera captured this. 

The Cobb!!!!


Two different angles of the harbor.

We weren't allowed to stand up top due to being blown off by the wind and waves that crash against it. So I sat near the top... The rebel that I am. Lol

Well look what I found!!!!



Ohhh how did this end up here??? Love Captain Wentworth. Lol

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny with your last question. This fills my own unrecognized bucket list too. Love your sit down photo and your friends happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I loved this. You Crack me up. The Cobb, the Cobb! How awesome is that? !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I loved this. You Crack me up. The Cobb, the Cobb! How awesome is that? !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living the life, vicariously.... thank you, Melody!! <3

    ReplyDelete