Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Season greetings part 1

When I say "Christmas in a cup" what comes to mind? I know in my head it is eggnog, and most Americans would agree. Here in England it is different.  Trying to explain egg nog to them is one thing, but finding it is nearly impossible. Thanks to Starbucks I can get room temperature eggnog, which will do. Even though I wish it was colder I won't complain.
An English "Christmas in a cup" would be mulled wine served with mince pies. Though the mulled wine is delicious, do to the extra sugar and spices, I can't say I enjoy the minced pies. (But that is just between you and me.)
Christmas in London has been everything but disappointing. Being constantly busy in a church that never sleeps, walking down the streets of central London and enjoying the new friends and family I have made. I find myself just smiling and thanking God constantly for the life I am living. Things aren't perfect and I have made my share of mistakes but I can't help but keep optimistic. 
Here are just a couple pics to share with y'all. 

Advent is a huge deal at All Saints. It is the 4 Sunday's leading to Christmas. I was chosen to co-lead with my boss Sophie (who is such a delight to work with) to take charge of Advent 2. People brought in toys for different charities and we had the Girl and Boy Scouts visit. 

Met up with an old and dear friend from the choir and we visited Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park with mummy Carson! I fully recommend this Christmas market!

Christmas on South Bank and making new friends! 

Us interns with Paul in a minion Onsie. (Onsies and Christmas jumpers are huge over here). (Jumper is a sweater, not a jump suit. Lol)

I found Santa after he scared the daylights out of me. Never turn your back on Santa, even if your in a church.

Christmas presents at our intern party!

Our newest addition, Shannon, all the way from South Africa! And she is amazing! 

Enjoying mulled wine while in charge of a Christmas carol evening at the church! 

We put on many productions for different children groups that take place in the church.

And they all ended up like this! Even poor baby Jesus got a beating. Lol


Though life is crazy it has been fun. I think of how God sent Jesus down to earth. He sacrificed so much so I could live, and live well. To have a relationship with him and have a good life. That I could live out my dreams. I am so thankful that I serve a God who loves not just me but the whole world. Who did so much for man kind even though many don't even realize it. He truly is a good God.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blessing to my soul, Melody! Even all the way from London!!

    ReplyDelete